The MTX-RC is based on the MTX military regulator and is a super tough, rugged, high-performance, go-anywhere regulator. The MTX-RC has excellent cold-water performance and has a greatly reduced risk of free flow. This has been achieved by improving several areas, including an innovative endcap solution that solves a long-challenged reality for coldwater divers of first stage freeze up. This regulator is designed to meet all aspects of the NEDU (Navy Experimental Dive Unit)military requirements for diving in very cold water. The MTX-RC is highly reliable and also very easy to service out in the field.
Second stage features
- Simple to use with no dive adjustment controls and reduced chance of free flow occurrence, pre-settable cracking effort, or venturi control by an Apeks approved qualified technician.
- High-performance pneumatically balanced lever operated poppet valve.
- Large, diver-friendly self-flushing controllable purge button.
- Front cover with over-molded elastomer incorporates a formed chrome plated brass plate improving the durability of the second stage.
- Large protective elastomer bumpers on the side and on the top to protect the second stage from impacts and scratches in the most vulnerable places.
- The reversible second stage for either a left or right-hand gas supply configuration.
- A heat exchanger (patented) which surrounds the valve mechanism, dissipates the cold caused by gas expansion while drawing in the warmth of the ambient water.
- Features an innovative Diver Changeable Exhaust system (DCE). The system gives the diver the ability to change from a small exhaust tee to a large exhaust tee. The regulator is supplied with both sets of exhaust tees.
- Comfo-bite mouthpiece
- Flexible nylon braided hose has better cold water performance than traditional rubber hose.
- Simple service kits
- Easy to service.