The Apeks Black Ice is a rugged, weight-integrated, back inflation BC designed with the advanced diver in mind. Despite its heavy-duty construction, it provides amazing comfort, fit, and stability thanks to its Wrapture™ harness system (pat. pend.). Due to the modular nature of this BC, a custom fit can be achieved through any of the three sizes. The Black Ice is offered in one color only, you guessed it, black.
- Wrapture™ harness system (pat. pend.) – Using patented swivel shoulder buckles and a proprietary, ultra-thin backplate, the Wrapture™ provides unsurpassed comfort and stability. Wrapture™ prevents the BC from “riding up” on the surface. Out of the water, the Wrapture keeps the cylinder close to your center of gravity and transfers the weight to your hips. The result is the ability to stand up straight with a cylinder that is perfectly vertical.
- Because of the multiple size settings at the top of the shoulders as well as either side of the waistband, a custom fit can be achieved through any one of 3 sizes.
- SureLock II Mechanical Weight Release System (patented) – provides a safe, single-pull release. Inserting weight is as simple as insert and “click”. With SureLock, your weights are secure in the BC. Once engaged, the only way to release the weight is to pull on the handle.
- Dual-channel weight pockets in front along with non-ditchable weight pockets in the back mean that all sizes can hold up to 42 lbs. (19kg)
- The Black Ice can be rigged for twin cylinders using the optional twin cylinder kit (p/n 427106).
- There are 4 dump valves in all, one in each corner. 3 are proprietary flat valves that are very streamlined and effective. The dump valve on the upper left is the rapid exhaust valve found at the top of the Powerline inflator.
- The Powerline inflator assembly boasts one of the fastest inflation rates in the industry. This environmentally sealed unit has integrated clips to keep the l.p. inflator hose tucked in tight.
- The air cell has several pass-through that allow easy air transfer from left to right
- A triple bladder retraction system is used to pull in the sides of the bladder during deflation. This keeps the unit streamlined and reduces drag.
- The left pocket is a fold-down design with deep capacity, perfect for an extra mask.
- The right pocket is a large utility pocket secured with a robust zipper
- Knife attachment points are found on the left pocket flap which will accommodate many of the Squeeze Lock knives. This location provides easy access to the knife.
- Features 5 large, angled, stainless steel D-rings for all of your accessories.
- Rolled neck collar for comfort
Type of BC: Weight-integrated Back Inflation
Fabrics: Air cell is rugged 840 D nylon, Armor X, V-Diamond rubber, ballistic nylon
Detachable weights: All sizes hold 32lb/14.5kg
Non-detachable weights: All sizes hold up to 10 lb/4.5kg